Christmas Joy

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not exactly what I imagined when I started this project, but I did learn a few things along the way. First, little LED lights in a globe are a pain to deal with. Even with the light flagged, it just wasn't bright enough to overcome the reflected light off the subject. In the end I had to help the globe light shine post. Enjoy.

untitled-934-Edit.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Very cool! I think the light in the photo is just right.

Thank you @CherylL. I was just thinking about you and your family this morning when I saw the storm damage on the news.

I didn't accomplish the "one shot in camera goal " I was hoping for but I learned a lot. The light in the globe was not nearly bright enough and having Lil'Bit holding a glass globe on set was not happening. I ended up hanging the globe from an overhead boom arm with monofilament fishing line. That kept it in position and safe. All she had to do was bring her hands up under it.

Would it be possible to drill a hole in the back of the globe, hidden by the angel, and add another light inside? Might be able to go in from the bottom and hide the wires with her hands too.

I've done something similar with an external flash but in this case it's a clear glass globe with a plastic bottom glued on. Not ideal to drill, and being clear, doesn't hide anything behind.

She's incredibly photogenic! Very cute photo. Your technical challenges aside, this one turned out nicely.

Thank you. I also did a mother/daughter set. She was directing her mother on how to sit, how to turn, etc. She's quite the little professional. 😁

I love it! I can't believe this is the same Lil' Bit she's getting so big. I definitely understand the desire to get it right 100% in camera, but this came out amazing and I wouldn't have known if you hadn't said anything. As always, thanks for sharing!

I love it! I can't believe this is the same Lil' Bit she's getting so big. I definitely understand the desire to get it right 100% in camera, but this came out amazing and I wouldn't have known if you hadn't said anything. As always, thanks for sharing!

Thanks Adam, the last few months she's been in a growing stage. I had problems finding a suitable globe. This one was clear glass with frosted lettering on the outside, the angel was glass with a textured surface and a little LED inside. Just turning on the light created specular highlights galore on the thing.

That is a lovely image Smoke and very nicely taken too, she is really growing up now since I was last logged in here.

Most reactions

Back