Christmas Lane

JasonLambert

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So Christmas Lane is open at Kraynaks and I went taking some pictures. Here is one I did... What are your thoughts on the edit...

5022531062_8885756686_z.jpg

EDIT
5022530264_da71df6470_z.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Hey Jason, nice shot.

I like what you did with the hearts on the right to reduce the tree clutter, but I wonder what it would look like with the effect applied to the original, saturation left original and keep the bokeh on the left.

Xmas to me is bright and colourful and fun, the edit kinda looks washed out and dull.

What are you using to replace the bokeh? I know how to do it with the lens, but you're doing this with software?!

It's actually easy to do with Photoshop. There are several means of doing it. I would imagine the simplest way would be to extract the snowman, edit your background accordingly (I'll assume a heart shaped glow brush was used for the hearts) then do a Gaussian Blur on the entire background and then replace the snowman.

Last edited:
What are you using to replace the bokeh? I know how to do it with the lens, but you're doing this with software?!

It's actually easy to do with Photoshop. There are several means of doing it. I would imagine the simplest way would be to extract the snowman, then do a Gaussian Blur on the background and then replace the snowman.

?

Gaussian blur doesnt make a light source turns into a heart.

Gaussian blur doesnt make a light source turns into a heart.

No, of course it doesnt lol. But if you used a heart shaped glow brush in Photoshop, then blur it out, it would make it look like a heart shaped light source.... Maybe I'm not expaining it properly.

Snowflakes would be more appropriate. I think a vertical framing might have been better as this is a type of portrait.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back