What's new

Christmas (no bokeh) pic

Vicelord John

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
359
Reaction score
0
Location
Phoenix
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you think (other than the crookedness?) This is the only one that I think was good out of the bunch. Post yours!

DSC_0718.jpg
 
Image seems to be well composed & exposed. I like the symmetry especially; and yes, the image is crooked. I love the color combination :D Great landscape.
I'm just wondering what in your subject you even mentioned bokeh.
Good Job
 
wow that is crisp!
the colors look great too!
 
Image seems to be well composed & exposed. I like the symmetry especially; and yes, the image is crooked. I love the color combination :D Great landscape.
I'm just wondering what in your subject you even mentioned bokeh.
Good Job

yes, I mentioned "no bokeh" as in there isn't any. The christmas light post said it was for pictures with bokeh, and mine didn't fit the bill. :greenpbl:
 
Excellent color and composition. the "tilt" doesn't bother me at all. Of course my eyes aren't level. :lol:
 
love it. just looks so awesome! can't comment though.. im new in this field :(
 
other side of the building with no lights...

DSC_0739.jpg
 
John,

Bokeh does not mean a blurred background. A blurred background is a property of Depth-Of-Field. You image(s) has a large DOF.

When an image does have a blurred background, the visual quality of the blurred elements is bokeh.

There are 2 kinds: regular bokeh and Hollywood bokeh. The lights in the backgound of the image in this thread: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/general-gallery/186570-cupful-bokeh.html are Hollywood bokeh.

The regular bokeh in these images (1,2 &4): http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/general-gallery/184676-more-pics-new-lens-c-c-welcome.html is of average quality, in small part because a small aperture was used but more so because of the configuration and shape of the aperture blades in the lens, which is the major determining factor for a lenses ability of producing bokeh quality.

In the Nikon line of lenses, the Nikkor AF 85mm f/1.4D IF ($1230, new) produces the best bokeh in Nikon's current lens lineup and is nicknamed "The Cream Machine" because the bokeh it produces is remarkably smooth, the nirvana of bokeh.

For many, the worst bokeh looks like donuts and is produced by mirror lenses.

Just one of several brands of inexpensive mirror lenses: Vivitar | VIV-500-6.3 500mm f/6.3 Mirror Lens | | B&H Photo
 
I understand thr concept fully, captain.

I mentioned no bokeh because i wanted to post these in the other thread but i didnt think they qualified. You are explaining to me what i already understand.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom