What's new

Church Made of Coral

MommyOf4Boys

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 20, 2005
Messages
2,386
Reaction score
51
Location
Alabama - just moved here from Texas
This is the top of the church my stepbrother was married in on Saturday..the entire church structure inside and out were made of coral.

coco1.jpg



coco2.jpg
 
Oh. Well, I can't say I have ever seen anything like this before! All from coral ... let's just hope that those coral fields (or whatever is the correct term here) that were plucked to build this church have since had the chance to grow back...
 
Wow, interesting church! Surely coral must be filled with nasty critters??

Rob
 
LaFoto said:
Oh. Well, I can't say I have ever seen anything like this before! All from coral ... let's just hope that those coral fields (or whatever is the correct term here) that were plucked to build this church have since had the chance to grow back...

Corinna - The coral use in Miami buildings was quarried from the ground, the left over pits where used as ponds, reservoir, swimming pools and even a basement or two. Hemmingway’s Key West house had one he used it as wine cellar (rum) during prohibition.
 
I like the angle better in #1 but do not crazy about the top of the palm in the bottom right, did you get any more shots of the church, that sky looks like rain moving in :lmao:
 
MommyOf4Boys said:
ok, correction (I was talking to my dad about this)..lol The church is not MADE of coral, but yet made of limestone. Coral was used to make the impressions in the limestone.

yup, not coral persay, but coral rock or limestone

i know exactly which church this is, pass by it every now and then.....

nice pics :)
 
Jeff Canes said:
I like the angle better in #1 but do not crazy about the top of the palm in the bottom right, did you get any more shots of the church, that sky looks like rain moving in :lmao:

Actually, it was raining lol. I did not get any other photos of the church. I wish I would have..the front of it was amazing, but my mind was more on getting photos of my stepbrother and his bride.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom