Civic + Eclipse Photoshoot *56K iffy*

Nytmair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.km3k.com
So I wanted to get some pics of my friend's new wheels, so I figured I'd get a few shots of my car while we were out.

Let me know what you think of the pics, I think I may have overdone some of them in post-editing, but for the most part I'm happy.

My Civic
P1050832.jpg

P1050850.jpg

P1050930.jpg

My friend's Eclipse
P1050862.jpg

P1050867.jpg

P1050874.jpg

P1050881.jpg

P1050884.jpg

P1050897.jpg

P1050923.jpg

Group Shots
P1050904.jpg

P1050916.jpg

P1050926.jpg

P1050921.jpg

My buddy approves of this message...
P1050922.jpg

Thanks for looking and I'd really appreciate any critique on the pics you have :)

I think your fourth pic is the best. I get a artistic and photographic feel from that wheel shot that I don't get with the straight forward shots. You got great cloud reflective detail on the hood shots. I think you did a good job with processing, not too overdone as far as I can tell. The only thing I would suggest is tighter crops on the cars and lower angled shots. Cinematography teaches that low angles make your subject seem bigger (and in most cases more imposing), give it a try with these. I think for a couple ideas on angles you should check out Import Tuner, they usually do a good job. Nice work.

Excellent shots there Dan.

3rd Honda image needs a bit more wheel in it

3rd Mitsu shot is underexposed

Try shooting the Eclipse again but shoot it in ambient light instead of direct sunlight - that way you'll be able to see all of the bodywork, Maybe try and get your hands on a softbox and a speedlite. :)

I like them. Slap on a polarizer next time though, and see what happens. Oh, and remember to keep an eye on what's in the background to. :)
Did you think about taking them onto the grass and shooting? Rather than on the "ordinary" tarmac.

That Mitsi is gonna look tough when finished. Looks good right now as well.

Great shots Dan! I always admire your car photography, even though I don't understand it :lol:

ferny said:
I like them. Slap on a polarizer next time though, and see what happens. Oh, and remember to keep an eye on what's in the background to. :)
Did you think about taking them onto the grass and shooting? Rather than on the "ordinary" tarmac.

That Mitsi is gonna look tough when finished. Looks good right now as well.

I wish, but you can't go on the grass there... I tried once with my uncle's porche and some dude came and yelled at me....

Thanks for the comments so far, some helpful stuff :)

My Prelude got keyed a few weeks ago.... won't look good on photos now.

You need a telephoto lens for car mag style shots and wide angle for some extreme actions. I find that the best car shots are taken during winter sunsets. Nice wheels btw!

nice work as always Dan, some are definiately professional ad quality!

Most reactions

Back