Clarke- Studio Portrait

I like the finished version. Yes, there's something about the positioning of the arms (now it's been pointed out) that has a surreal quality (not shoulder width), not sure if it adds to the shot or detracts. I like the processing and the lighting. :)

I am just happy Dan has come to the dark side. Err light side.

It's hard to find fault here. The photo is technically perfect so everything else is down to the tastes of the photographer.

Taking the idea of the arms bisecting the body and merging it with the concept of being surreal - I had a light bulb moment (brain f*rt) and wondered what it would look like if you erased the bottom part of the body... Surreal with potential. I tried it but won't post it 'cos it's not my photo and you don't permit editing. I'm not going any further with it as I have stacks of my own stuff to do but it's worth considering if you have time on your hands and the inclination to venture into the dark world of compositing. :D

Taking the idea of the arms bisecting the body and merging it with the concept of being surreal - I had a light bulb moment (brain f*rt) and wondered what it would look like if you erased the bottom part of the body... Surreal with potential. I tried it but won't post it 'cos it's not my photo and you don't permit editing. I'm not going any further with it as I have stacks of my own stuff to do but it's worth considering if you have time on your hands and the inclination to venture into the dark world of compositing. :D
Thats certainly an interesting idea. Feel free to post what you ended up with. The only time I am ok with people editing and posting my photos is when they ask.

I have to say, you and the studio are getting along very nicely!!! :)

Nice work, Dan ... I really dig the post processing. Would you care to share how you did this? Forgive me my newness, hope it's not a breach of etiquette to ask that, and I totally understand if you'd rather keep it private :)

Thats certainly an interesting idea. Feel free to post what you ended up with. The only time I am ok with people editing and posting my photos is when they ask.

Busy this morning but I'll have a go later. I didn't save what I did yesterday - may try as practice for another project I have on hand. Thanks Dan. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back