Classic Car Grand Prix

ndancona

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some shots i took at the Mdina Grand Prix 2013, it's a classic car road race around the medieval town of Mdina on the island of Malta. There were loads of photographers and I've seen hundreds of repetitive images being shared on facebook, so I tried to be a little bit different. What are your opinions?

$mdinagrandprix1.jpg

$mdinagrandprix2.jpg

$mdinagrandprix4.jpg

$mdinagrandprix3.jpg

$mdinagrandprix5.jpg

$mdinagrandprix7.jpg

The first and last are too shopped.

#2 is the best of the lot, but it's hard to see it on such a small/compressed image. But it does need a bit more post.

good eye, because no. 2 is the only actual panning shot (non processed).

No. 1, i'm happy with the effect. I wanted it different and I think it would make a nice advertisement shot for some product.

It's nice to get some real world feedback as non photogs say wow but you also get that with HDR shots too. Personally I think I could have done better but overall i'm not too unhappy with my results.

Man, these are so close.

What kills the first one is the fact that you can't see the entire car. I'd like to see some tires in that shot.

In the others, I think you need to bring down your shutter speed a bit. As it is, the wheels look like they're standing still. Get some wheel blur in there:

6785192191_60f3f4151f_z.jpg

8567579194_75c7fe135a_z.jpg

Personally, I don't mind that you may have processed these a tad on the heavy side. I like the effects...

I don't know what I'm more jealous of-the cars, or that you're in Malta. Nice work.

wheel blur....good point. I've learnt something new, thanks!

Most reactions

Back