480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Anyone know the proper way to clean a camel hair brush?

I just acquired a couple of the old brass lipstick-style camel hair lens brushes. Before I put 'em to any of my glass I want to clean them. However, any Google search just brings up how to use a camel hair brush to clean a lens, not how to clean the brush itself.

Anyone know? I don't see any dirt/dust, but I'm concerned with anything sticky (like skin oils, etc.) that may be on them.

I know how to clean camel hair paintbrushes. I guess it would be the same. Just use very mild shampoo, something like baby shampoo, and then let them air dry.

Correction ... I was thinking of Red Sable. I don't know whether that will work with camel hair or not, sorry.

Last edited:
Ask a MUA (Make-Up Artist).

Video: Tips for Cleaning Makeup Application Brushes | eHow.com

Not the video...

If you want to clean your brushes, and I would recommend that you do clean your brushes, typically a good professional brush is a real hair, which is sable. It could be squirrel hair, camel hair, but it is a real hair. And just like your real hair you can wash it, you can blow dry it, you can put conditioner in it. What I like to do is take an antibacterial, like a dish soap, and I put a little bit of soap in my hand and I agitate it like this, and it gets it all sudsy, and it’s antibacterial, you rinse it out with warm water. And when you are putting your brushes to dry, don’t put them in a cup like this, because what happens is the water from the bristles go down into the wood and will rot your wood, and then your brushes will split. So, after you have done washing them, put them over the counter like this. So, that way they are kind of just flat and they hang over the counter, and let them air dry.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back