Cleaning a Film Camera?

Wild Sage

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently got my grandfather's old Nikon F4. Everything seems in working order, except for it missing a battery. The thing is...the camera stinks > < I don't know what it's from but the bag it was in, the lens and the body smells like a giant with athlete's foot scrubbed it's foot with it...I was wondering, could I use rubbing alcohol and clean the body? I've looked online but got conflicting answers.

Thanks!

If I can use isopropyl alcohol to clean off the thermal paste from my processor I'd imagine that you could use it to clean the body off. I wouldn't touch the inside though with anything other than an air blower unless you know what you're doing.

Throwing it in a bag with a handful of those car deodorizers might help as well.

hmm yeah I heard you could use rubbing alcohol, but I wanted to be really sure before I started anything. And yeah I just need to clean the outside, I can;t stand the smell anymore > <

clean it the best you can, and let it air out in a well ventilated area. The smell will probably always be there, but it should fade with time.

Most reactions

Back