What's new

Clearance, Laurel St, Rdg Pa

Rick58

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jun 23, 2012
Messages
4,227
Reaction score
1,473
Location
Reading, Pa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I used the cloudy day today as a natural diffuser for better color saturation of the stone and contrast of the sign. This sign resides in a dark corner of the bridge so I had to boost the ISO to 3200. Thoughts?
$Clearance, Laurel St, Rdg Pa.webp
 
What? No one likes hand painted signs mounted on old stone bridges anymore? I guess the fad has passed :lol:
 
i like the rocks. But sorry. i really just have trouble getting into looking at sections of something. i'm wondering what the rest of the bridge looks like. A stone bridge sounds like something i'd enjoy seeing. The rocks in the photo are wonderful. id like to see the rest of them, if you follow.
The sign, caution low bridge. Makes me wonder how low the bridge is. And i cant see it. The sign sort of gives me a direction, something to move my eyes too. But it isn't there.

jmo. grain of salt...
 
Thanks, its an old arched stone RR bridge in a seedy section of town.
Oh, wait, Reading itsself is a seedy town. It's only low enough for semi's to have to run down the center.
Unfortunately nothing much to see. It's only a couple blocks from were I work and I see this sign all the time and it drew my attention. I knew it wasn't a wall hanger, but I thought I run it through the C&C mill. Thanks again for the comment.
 
I'd like to see more of the arch.

Once again, you've found some interesting textures to shoot!
 
I agree with Leonore about the textures. To me it seems a bit dark still.
 
Thanks folks, I'll see what I have with more stone /arch.
 
I like the textures and the sprigs of weed sprouting from between the rocks. I like the lighting, it almost gives the Illusion of it being a charcoal drawing. It has a neat old time - kind of spooky feel to it.
 
It would be nice to capture some paint scrapes on the arch along with this sign. But that's just me.

I've got pictures of guard posts bent nearly to the ground, etc. My thang.
 
Thanks everyone. A couple folks thought some more arch and stone may be in order, so here's another take
ISO 3200, 1/125, f11

$Clearance, Laurel St, Rdg Pa(3).webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom