What's new

Cliche

412 Burgh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Location
Pittsburgh
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Cooper's Rock by ZDiBeradin, on Flickr


my CC.

Need a little cropping on the right, should have gotten the pillar out of the way (if i was hercules)


ummm.. yeah, your input would be fantastic!
 
I think you could have visually pushed the pillar away by using a shallower DOF...but as such it is not much distracting; but centering the thing gives it a bit static i feel; a bit angular view could be better i feel :D
 
unfortunately I only had my 18-55 and no other lenses... I was shooting at 5.6
 

Cooper's Rock by ZDiBeradin, on Flickr


my CC.

Need a little cropping on the right, should have gotten the pillar out of the way (if i was hercules)


ummm.. yeah, your input would be fantastic!
No, IMO comp is spot on.
I agree with panblue. I wouldn't touch the pillar on the right – the lower diagonal and the pillar add a nice measure of depth. If anything, I would add just a smidgen of space to the left, but I don't think that's really needed.
 
Hey--I photographed that guy's cousin on May 26 of this year!!! Notice how they both just stood in the corner? Notice how BOTH of them blankly looked straight ahead with their signs, begging for a 25 cent coin?

$143596610.vGD7cvMs.webp

143596610.jpg
 
I think its a great shot, everything looks good, if i had one tiny suggestion, and it may be out of your control except shooting the same shot on a clearer day, would be the background, of course it has to be isolated from the subject, but a shot like this means the backdrop is an integral part of the scene and would possibly benefit from being a tad more colourful and clearer..just my opinion
 
I think its a great shot, everything looks good, if i had one tiny suggestion, and it may be out of your control except shooting the same shot on a clearer day, would be the background, of course it has to be isolated from the subject, but a shot like this means the backdrop is an integral part of the scene and would possibly benefit from being a tad more colourful and clearer..just my opinion
I disagree. I like that the OP doesn't care about the same thing everyone else cares about - the reason that his subject exists in the first place. Makes for some contradiction and shows an artistic vision.
 
I think its a great shot, everything looks good, if i had one tiny suggestion, and it may be out of your control except shooting the same shot on a clearer day, would be the background, of course it has to be isolated from the subject, but a shot like this means the backdrop is an integral part of the scene and would possibly benefit from being a tad more colourful and clearer..just my opinion
I disagree. I like that the OP doesn't care about the same thing everyone else cares about - the reason that his subject exists in the first place. Makes for some contradiction and shows an artistic vision.

As i said, just my opinion, and possibly what i might have changed had i took the shot, but your right nobody should do something a particular way just because everybody else does, photography is always subjective once you get over the idea that there is a right or wrong way to take a photograph.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom