Closest thing to an aurora borealis around here (pano)

Harpper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Sorry for the side scrolling. This picture looked better as a panoramic. I also just changed the calibration on my monitor so I don't know if this picture is too bright or dark. It's suppose to be more towards the brighter side. Oh well...what do you guys think?

pano1.jpg

Wow!! I just love it, Harpper! I'd say you have the calibration down right. It goes from very bright on the left down to a lovely deep glow on the right.

What was this event? It looks totally surreal, like watching distant lava flowing from a volcano or something. It's beautiful. I think I would have been too transfixed to have the presence of mind to make a capture, so mad props to ya, bro! :salute:

terri said:
What was this event? It looks totally surreal, like watching distant lava flowing from a volcano or something.
It's called weird weather. ;) Actually, it's just ordinary fog which makes it hard to penetrate. The left side had thicker fog so it's hard to see the background details but it's thinner on the right side. I wish the fog was a little thinner all around so I could get more background detail, but mother nature doesn't always cooperate when I want her too. :D

It's interesting that you also thought it looked like lava. That's what I first thought too when I saw it too...great minds think alike...or is that crazy minds think alike. ;)

terri said:
I think I would have been too transfixed to have the presence of mind to make a capture, so mad props to ya, bro! :salute:
I had that problem too. When I first saw it I was in shock but I somehow found my sense to take pictures. I had to shoot quickly too because the light was fading fast.

Wow!
Great work, makes me really envious.

What do I think, you ask?

STUNNING.

And with this one I don't even mind the screen scrolling! It is sooo worth it. WOW.

hey harper! great job.. I love this photo I love the colours and composition

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. It's much appreciated.

LaFoto, did you get a new monitor? It doesn't look like you are having problems seeing gradient color changes like you did in the past.

Sorry, no, Harpper, still the same old thing (5 years old, which is ancient in computer age) - and I still see the "woodcarvings" here, but I trained my eyes and brain to translate things into the image that I am supposed to see.

Still can't wait for the new graphics card which I hope will help things a lot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back