What's new

Clothed

Kazooie

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 28, 2011
Messages
1,231
Reaction score
138
Location
Alaska
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
IMG_1848.jpg


I'm iffy about this one, I think it needs to be in focus more and and larger f-number. Thoughts?
 
yeah, nothing to be iffy about. Not working technically or from a composition standpiont. Try re-shooting? Looks like you should have full control of the subject.
 
I'm iffy about this one, I think it needs to be in focus more and and larger f-number. Thoughts?

It appears you are attempting an abstract image, hence I think the way it's photographed depends on what you're trying to convey. Without more information, I really don't know what else to say. I wish a higher-resolution image had been uploaded; I cannot see much detail and it's hard to see what's in-focus.
 
This was actually going to be my submission to a contest on texture, but I think I will definitely be re-doing it tomarrow. Maybe I'll try revers-lensing it to get the actual thread instead of the whole thing. :)
 
This was actually going to be my submission to a contest on texture...

In that case, I would try to preserve as much texture as possible. The thread could be sharper, but also the fabric and that cream-colored background (is it paper? a wall? plastic?). Blurry objects rarely convey texture well, in my experience. Of course, if you want the viewer's eyes to settle only on the thread, then by all means preserve a crisp focus there and leave everything else out of focus. Perhaps that is what you intended all along? I like the soft shadow and the darker side of the fabric. Maybe crop-out the sliver of beige in the far bottom right. The color feels good.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom