Cloud City

Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.austingreenephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I made another trip out to my research sites along the Northern California coast today. Heavy rains meant flooding roads, landslides, car accidents, beaches washing away, and my first time shooting in the rain!

I ended up stuffing the 6D into a Ziplock bag, poking a hole for my neckstrap, and heading out after my sampling with tripod and ND filters in hand. Had to open and close the ziplock for each shot, but all in all, it worked pretty darn well! Spotted the composition I wanted right away, and got to shooting (this time at a different beach from my last posted shot). Sky was left intentionally blown versus taking a bracketed shot.

Hope you enjoy it! I'd love to hear your thoughts. Shooting in the rain took way more mental effort than I expected (watching incoming waves, change in rain directions etc).

1. The view from the 6D in it's dry Ziplock home, as I eyed the composition. Thought it was a curious image.

Cloud City Setup by TogaLive, on Flickr

Cloud City by TogaLive, on Flickr

Thanks for the CC, and hope you enjoy it!

Austin

Last edited:
The image thru the zip lock is actually rather interesting, almost like looking underwater.

I like the two large dark rocks that seem almost suspended in air floating in the fog, it's a beautiful almost monochromatic image. Well worth all the effort. Nicely done.

The image thru the zip lock is actually rather interesting, almost like looking underwater.

I like the two large dark rocks that seem almost suspended in air floating in the fog, it's a beautiful almost monochromatic image. Well worth all the effort. Nicely done.

Thank you! I also found the ziplock shot oddly interesting. Together they tell a story, in a way.

Those big rocks, and the sea stacks in the background are absolutely what caught my attention when looking for elements to include.

Anyone else have thoughts? Comments seem to be in especially short supply lately.

Last edited:
Ziplock shot is pretty interesting. It almost looked like a shot from a movie, like someone is looking out a small window from inside a small ship. Well, that's what it reminds me off. Love the second photo as well. The contrast between the rocks and mist. Great composition.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back