Cokin Filter

dEARlEADER

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm about to order the Cokin P series filter system...

My first filter will be a 2 stop ND Grad...

Got a little money left over for a coloured filter.... Any recomendations for landscape?

I have a Cokin 'Tobacco' grad filter which can really punch up a sunset.

Get a light yellow. This can brighten foliage (green) thus lighting up the ground portion of your landscape somewhat and will give a subtle drop in your blue sky thus producing slightly more pronounced clouds .

thanks big mike and chris

oh and btw.... is there notable image degradation because these things are acrylic instead of super duper triple coated glass?

In a word . . .

I use filters all the time and as long as they are kept clean and don't have scratches the size of the Grand Canyon they will not affect image quality in the least. Well that's, actually, more like, um, ten, thriteen . . . . carry the three . . .

Oh, and bear in mind that filters do provide more flat surfaces for glare to rear its ugly head on so if you are pointed in the vicinity of the sun, take an extra look around the viewfinder for those little spots, then look around without the camera to make sure you don't need to see your optometrist.

If you want great sky/cloud contrast an orange (G) is ideal for b&w. It's also a nice filter for portraits as it lightens skin tones and hides blemishes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back