Cokin P Series Filter Help

dawgfish

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I would like to purchase the Cokin P style filter holder and filters but I am not sure the P size would work at 12mm. Is that too wide and if so which size would I need to purchase? I would be mounting to a Nikon 12-24mm.

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

The 12-24mm lens has a 77mm filter size. If you get that sized holder, then yes it will fit.

Of course, you could also hand hold the filter in front of the lens. The holder is a bit cumbersome.

I think he's concerned about the vignetting from the holder, not if it will fit. Personally, I hand hold or tape my filters to the lens...much faster and less crap to dig through in my bag. But I don't know if the P-series would work @ 12mm or not.... I doubt it.

I think he's concerned about the vignetting from the holder, not if it will fit. Personally, I hand hold or tape my filters to the lens...much faster and less crap to dig through in my bag. But I don't know if the P-series would work @ 12mm or not.... I doubt it.
It works on mine. There is some vignetting though, but not too severe.

I use the P series with my Sigma 10-20, but do get some vignetting. Cokin has a series designed for the wider lenses (it's called the 'X-pro' series, I believe), but they are quite pricey. I think they are supposed to be good down to 15mm.

I was worried about the vignetting. Does anyone have a photo they could post showing the vignetting at the wider angles?

Thank you for all you responses. You all have been very helpful.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back