Cokin P series ND Filters

JacobGriz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, I recently bought a sigma 4-5.6 10-20 for my canon rebel t1i, and got some knockoff cokin stuff off ebay. I know it sucks, but it'll have to do for now. I got an nd2, nd4, and nd8 nd filters, and the same 3 for graduated. All of these were only $3 each. I really want to do long exposure photography in the day, with wispy clouds, but these just won't do it. The nd8 got scratched, and I'm getting another. So I figured with it, I would get a filter that decreases light by way more than 3 stocks. However, I couldn't find any filters that fit the cokin p series which were darker than nd8. Does anyone know of any darker than these that fit?

What sort of filter holder do you have? With most Cokin holders, you can stack several filters at once. So you could use a few ND filters, which should do the job.

Keep in mind that if you want longer shutter speeds, you should also be using a low ISO and small aperture (high F number).

If you want long exposures, you can use a solid nd filter. 6 stop B+W slim screw on type is what I use. I then attach the holder ring onto that for CoKin p size filters.

If you shoot super wide you can get vignetting.

You can stack nd filters but you can get weird color casts and increased flare.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thank you both, and yes I heard stacking gives odd colors. They will probably be in black and white for the most part. I would really like to invest in the b+w nd110, but i dont have the money considering I'm in high school and just bought the lens. I might just stack for now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back