Cold in Cincinnati

jlykins

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jlykinsphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just thought I would take a moment to tell (and Show) you how cold it is where I live. No one should have to deal with this weather.

DSC_0041.jpg

That's not cold...it's merely chilly. That's about the perfect temperature when working outdoors in the winter.

This was last Sunday morning where I'm at in East Tennessee... It might be a little tough to see, but the number on the top right is the outdoor temperature in Fahrenheit.

img-4619.jpg

Those numbers are still positive...talk to me when it gets into the negatives :lol:

Doesn't windchill count? ;) That's actually the coldest I've seen it here in a really long time. Once it gets below 15 or so it all feels the same to me. :)

I know, I know we should be thankfull that we don't live in alaska, or way north in Canada, but I have a good buddy that regularlly sends me photo's from his cell phone showing 65+ at 10PM. He lives in Tampa, FL but still sucks to be where it's cold.

I can remember my brother flying home on leave from Fort Hood Texas a few years ago. He calls me on his cellphone when he got off the plane. I asked him how the flight was and he starts yelling and screaming about it being so freakin cold! It was around 15-20 F here in Pennsylvania and he shows up in Pittsburgh in nothing more than a t-shirt, shorts, and sandals, LOL.

Another night, I recieved a call from him. He was camping with his buddies down there in Texas and complained because they had to pack it up. It was too cold he says. How cold? Said it was freezing down there at 50 degrees while I was looking at my thermometer reading -15 here.

Doesn't take much to acclimate to the temps. Last weekend it was around 0 - 5 F. This week it moved up into the mid 20's and it feels quite warm out (currently 16 according to weather.com).

Next week, I'm filling up the swimming pool. It's forecasted to reach back into the 40's!

Yea, in Cincy we have had a long cold (for us anyway) snap. A lot of lows in the 4 to 8 degree range. We are about 45 miles due west of Cincy and it's 8 here now. Almost a heat wave.

It was -14 where my parents live last evening. That's southern Minnesota, if anyone cares.

It snowed here in the Rogue Valley today. That's unusual.

I'm not one to complain :roll: but it's freaking cold up here.

On Monday, the temp was -32C (-26F) and the wind chill at times was -55C (-67F). Today, on the way to work, the air temp was -38C (-36F) and I heard that it was -45C (-49F) out at the airport...wind chill much colder than that.

It's been so windy that the snow has formed drifts all over the place. It only snowed 5cm or so on Sunday...but my driveway and side walk had 3 feet of snow to shovel.

I can remember my brother flying home on leave from Fort Hood Texas a few years ago. He calls me on his cellphone when he got off the plane. I asked him how the flight was and he starts yelling and screaming about it being so freakin cold! It was around 15-20 F here in Pennsylvania and he shows up in Pittsburgh in nothing more than a t-shirt, shorts, and sandals, LOL.

Another night, I recieved a call from him. He was camping with his buddies down there in Texas and complained because they had to pack it up. It was too cold he says. How cold? Said it was freezing down there at 50 degrees while I was looking at my thermometer reading -15 here.

Doesn't take much to acclimate to the temps. Last weekend it was around 0 - 5 F. This week it moved up into the mid 20's and it feels quite warm out (currently 16 according to weather.com).

Next week, I'm filling up the swimming pool. It's forecasted to reach back into the 40's!

I live very close to Fort Hood. I can relate to your brother. Down here in Texas, if it gets down into the twenties, we act as if we are living at the north pole.:mrgreen:

Most of us can handle the heat down here, but not the cold. And if we get any kind of ice at all, they shut schools and businesses down. There is nothing funnier than watching a bunch of Texans trying to drive on ice or in snow. :)

I'm not one to complain :roll: but it's freaking cold up here.

On Monday, the temp was -32C (-26F) and the wind chill at times was -55C (-67F). Today, on the way to work, the air temp was -38C (-36F) and I heard that it was -45C (-49F) out at the airport...wind chill much colder than that.

It's been so windy that the snow has formed drifts all over the place. It only snowed 5cm or so on Sunday...but my driveway and side walk had 3 feet of snow to shovel.

Finally someone that actually understands what it means to get cold. I thought I was alone. Last week it hit -39F just north of where I live in Minnesota. it was -30F at my house. And that is the air temp. Today, it is going to hit -15 or so over night with -50 to -60 wind chills. This... Is an Arctic Blast.

Is that when it's cold enough to spit outside, and it freezes before it hits the ground?

I'll keep my 'mild' Tennessee weather, thank you.

Is that when it's cold enough to spit outside, and it freezes before it hits the ground?
Probably. I remember doing that when I was younger.

It's not so bad when you can dress for it...but it's get pretty bad when you have to do some work...and build up a sweat. I have a rabbit fur hat, that keeps my head nice and warm...but yesterday the sweat was causing icicles to form around my face.

At least we only get this weather for a few days, once year or so.

Most reactions

Back