Cold shakes and more random stuff...

swiftparkour94

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last night I got the cold shakes, it was awful! My method of curing it is by piling blankets on top of me before it gets worse to give myself a fever, then I slowly start taking them off. Last night was awesome though, I helped move thousands of pounds of furniture because my uncle is moving to Missouri and then I met old friends at a homecoming game at a school I used to go to. There was a photographer there with a 70-200mm f/4L IS lens and she let me try it out! I've got to say, for how low light it is it still focuses incredibly fast to me. I tested it on far subjects then nearby subjects. I've realized that f/4 isn't really that bad for shooting sports unless you're shooting a wedding or other events because wouldn't f/2.8 be too shallow if you don't want to isolate your subject? Anyways, I got to help with a family yard sale. Adios :)

Urg cold is evil!

I've realized that f/4 isn't really that bad for shooting sports unless you're shooting a wedding or other events because wouldn't f/2.8 be too shallow if you don't want to isolate your subject?

This is true, but don't forget that f2.8 gives you more light for your AF sensors to work with and also to aid viewing through the viewfinder. It also gives you the option of f2.8 for when all else fails.

Overread said:
Urg cold is evil!

This is true, but don't forget that f2.8 gives you more light for your AF sensors to work with and also to aid viewing through the viewfinder. It also gives you the option of f2.8 for when all else fails.

Yes, that's true. But here's where I get confused, 2.8 is considered a fast lens. Let's say we have a 2.8 and set it to f/4, then we have an f/4 lens and leave it there. They are both IS and non USM. which one focuses faster at f/4?

Btw I stepped outside a no one is here, apparently were doing the yard sale next week instead lol

Yah daft one :p

As for the focusing remember the aperture blades only close when you take the photo (or if you press the depth of field preview button). Otherwise they remain open the whole time. This with an f2.8 lens set to any aperture the AF will always be done at f2.8 (ie blades fully open). This includes if you're doing a burst of photos and using continuous mode AF (the blades open up for those fractions of a second inbetween shots.

Overread said:
Yah daft one :p

As for the focusing remember the aperture blades only close when you take the photo (or if you press the depth of field preview button). Otherwise they remain open the whole time. This with an f2.8 lens set to any aperture the AF will always be done at f2.8 (ie blades fully open). This includes if you're doing a burst of photos and using continuous mode AF (the blades open up for those fractions of a second inbetween shots.

Ohhhh ok that makes more sense! Thanks!

Most reactions

Back