Just saying good-bye...

mishele

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...because the way the media is playing up the hurricane hitting the northeast, I'm going to be under 10ft. of water! lol :lol: Seriously, do they need the ratings that bad? I do realize karma is a ***** and my basement is going to flood and I'll be out of electricity for 2 weeks.:D

Wait............ NYC is between you and the SuperStorm, isn't it?

If so, you have nothing to worry about....... the storm can't go through NYC because they've outlawed everything that's SuperSized.

and I was just about to cue the violins :lol: Hopefully you've got a good sump pump! Maybe get a generator if you don't have one so you can keep it running along with your heater.

Good grief! Don't create titles like that--it's not good for my heart! :lmao:

But yeah--I keep hearing the media call this the "Perfect Storm" and headlines like "Sandy Primed to Be One For the Record Books," "Sandy Triggers States of Emergency Along East Coast"--some projections even have power outages and flooding as far inland as where I am, which is a minimum of 8 hours from any coastline! :lol:
The good news is: the bigger the hype, the greater the likelihood that the whole storm will fall apart and be one great big fizzle. :lol:

This, by the way, is pretty much how the local news here makes it sound before EVERY potential winter storm. Since we're not really used to snow around here (that's a serious understatement!), they make them all sound like it's gonna be the BIG one, the blizzard that we haven't had since 1993. Everyone runs out and buys the southern essentials--milk, eggs, toilet paper and beer--and then we wake up to either nothing at all, or maybe a tiny dusting, .5" on the ground.
The ones I always worry about are the ones when the weathermen basically say, "Meh, nothing to worry about here." THOSE are the ones that end up hitting us with several inches of snow--and it only takes a little to throw this town into shut-down mode.

We're just getting some rain and a few gusts of wind. I'm too far inland. But on the other hand, I can get to the sea or the mountains in just a few hours either way.

When are you guys over there going to learn to build hurricane proof housing? ;)

Still hope you don't get hit too bad Mish - and remember the most important thing. Take LOTS of PICTURES for when you can get back :)

ps - try to take some in focus ;)

It seems the media can't write about anything without making THE BIGGEST! THE WORST! ONE FOR THE RECORD BOOKS!
Kinda makes you wonder if the headline writers were being paid by the adjectives and exclamation marks.
Other than that, do take lots of pictures, and have your generator (you got one, right?) at the ready to keep your sump pump running. Drinking water on hand, wine if you need some comfort, stronger stuff if you need help with nerves, some candles and a good book.

Well, years ago they did it to create sensational headlines and sell newspapers. These days it's for "Likes" on Facebook ;(

Seriously, don't play chicken with this thing. Nature is completely emotionless and you cannot imagine the devastation a hurricane can cause until you've seen it. If it heads your way with some steam left play it safe and get out of Dodge.

Wind may be more a problem for me, since I live in the closest thing to a glass house. :D

skieur

I live right on the Jersey shore and we got the jet ski ready for some water skiing through the streets.

I live right on the Jersey shore and we got the jet ski ready for some water skiing through the streets.

Doesn't the debris clog up the impeller?

I have a row boat you can borrow. Or a spare bedroom.

End of the world party thread!!

Last edited by a moderator:
One track line has it heading dead on with my town. While I definitely take these events seriously, being on vacation all this week has left me out of the loop with the hype until everyone started calling me asking what I was gonna do. Figured it was time to turn on the Weather Channel. :lol: I feel more for the ships out there than those on land.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back