Cold temps bring fun subjects

Awesome set! Neat patterns. Very cool!

The pattern is seen so clearly in these shots. Great!

The pattern is seen so clearly in these shots. Great!
Thank you! I find back lighting produces great contrast in the ice to help resolve detail.

Shot from the inside or outside?
Shot from the inside because I didn't feel like standing in the cold.. :biggrin-93: it was nice and bright outside and dark inside. Unfortunately it meant that once the inner door was open, it was a race against time before I had nothing but water droplets on my hands...

Way to go, man! Six and seven are my favorites, but all are interesting.

I'm always fascinated by the patterns in ice crystals. The first one I like the most as the details seem sharper. I've been trying to think of a new project, might have to see if I can rig up a black line macro of a crystal. At least I could stay inside in relative warmth.

Way to go, man! Six and seven are my favorites, but all are interesting.
Thanks! I also liked 6 and 7 the most because they looked like alien landscapes photographed from orbit. 1 was my close third because it looks like creepy spinal columns..

Wow these are amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app
Thank you!

I'm always fascinated by the patterns in ice crystals. The first one I like the most as the details seem sharper. I've been trying to think of a new project, might have to see if I can rig up a black line macro of a crystal. At least I could stay inside in relative warmth.
I believe #1 had the least crop, so that probably helped. I thought about looking into different methods of growing crystals on glass. I would be interested to see if you can take that project somewhere.

Great set! #1 for me.
Thanks!

Nice set. I like 1 and 6. Like how the crystals and condensation contrast each other in 6.

Wow. You got some extreme macro in a couple of those. Very nice photos. You definitely caught an interesting set of photos. Well deserved nomination for POTM too!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back