Collage fun

Tropicalmemories

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just playing with a photo from last year whilst recovering from New Years Eve excesses. An old fashioned technique - but does anyone else have any collage examples?

pixlr_20200102064402533.jpg

I am not a fan of selective color, but I think it works well with your collage. I like the lines and the angles.
I was into making art videos at one time. Some are collages like this one

Just playing with a photo from last year whilst recovering from New Years Eve excesses. An old fashioned technique - but does anyone else have any collage examples?

View attachment 184569
Nice, has a bit of an Andy Warhol feel to it.

I am not a fan of selective color, but I think it works well with your collage. I like the lines and the angles.
Cheryl, that was pretty cool, must have taken a bit of time to edit!

Very cool! Has an Edwardian arthouse feel to it.

Cheryl, that was pretty cool, must have taken a bit of time to edit![/QUOTE]
Yes, it is building up and then rearranging and deleting. There is a mistake about half way thru in the masking.

Very cool! Has an Edwardian arthouse feel to it.[/QUOTE]
I was shooting for trippy. To quote my oldest daughter "Dad, Mom is on crack again"

I called my wife in and we watched your video twice, love it! What I wonder is whether you have ever participated in international competitions and film festivals for amateurs, I would say: you must do so, your video work is of a high level. I tried super-8 for a few years in the 1970s, but never exceeded the level of nice holiday movies.

I know that the encyclopedia says something different about what exactly collages are and, strictly speaking, the encyclopedia is right, but does it matter? Not for me, it's about whether the maker enjoys creating and what it's called is actually not that important to me. The attached photos are similar in design to yours. For 50 years I have been a huge adept of photographer Man Ray who was a master of collages. Top10 collage artists

View attachment 184665
View attachment 184666

Last edited:

I called my wife in and we watched your video twice, love it! What I wonder is whether you have ever participated in international competitions and film festivals for amateurs, I would say: you must do so, your video work is of a high level. I tried super-8 for a few years in the 1970s, but never exceeded the level of nice holiday movies.

Thanks! I was invited to submit an entry for an Int'l travel festival a few years back. Getting music is the problem. The music I used for the entry I did get the creator's consent. I've been invited back the last few years, but the cost of music & entry fees add up. I buy music for my videos for $3 to $5 for personal use. For professional use or festivals the price is $100+. Two of my Vimeo friends have had their art screenings around the world. They use audio in the Public Domain. They have been in the art community for decades and professionally in film academia. I've been asked for my Float World video to be shown on large screens in Canada, but they didn't want to purchase the music license. And I didn't want to give my work away for free. I did give a timelapse to a church in Texas for their sermon series Out My Window. But, that is for a non-profit.

Most reactions

Back