Color cast

Thinkfoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all

I am new to this forum so please be gentle :)
By that I mean that IO'm sorry if I'm posting this thread in the wrong section.

I'm also Danish so I apologize if my English is't that great.

And to the point...

A while back I bought some compact flash heads from Profoto. 2 x D1 500 Air and 1 x D1 1000 Air. Awesome lamps!
As my need for more lamps grew, I decided to save some money and buy some used Visatec solo 3200B.

Very quickly it became clear that I had a problem.

Same setup, same camera, same lens, same everything but the lamps. Both images are corrected for white balance using the X-rite color checker.

I use the checker to establish a base for further color correction, but this seems ludicrous!

Any thoughts?
316689_2684105105669_1347607540_3139718_690870275_n.jpg

Thanks in advance!

/Martin

It's fair to assume that there is a color variation in the output between your two different band lamps. My past experience taught me that there can be considerable color variation between brands and even between lamps from the same (cheap) brand.

Are you shooting RAW files or camera JPEGs?

Joe

Two different lamps is what it looks like to me. Just do your custom white balance on use your color checker and apply the setting to your images should not be a problem. If you start mixing them , just be careful where you mix.
-
Shoot well, Joe

These images are both corrected using the grey card. They are represented here in their RAW form with only the color correction/white balance changed.

That's my problem.

I know the two different lamps would have a slightly different temperature right off the camera, but this is AFTER correction...

From what I am seeing, the Visateks are closer to target than your beloved profotos are. But this doesn't mean that the Visateks are better, just newer.

Have you calibrated your workflow for the profotos recently? Or are you using a profile from when you first got them?

Don't forget that bulbs change character over time, if you're not adjusting white balance for every set, my guess is that they're out of calibration.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back