What's new

Color decisions on a zebra.

cherrymoose

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 21, 2007
Messages
1,063
Reaction score
0
Location
Berkeley, California
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Out of all my San Diego zoo/wild animal park photos, this one was probably my favorite (even though I cut off his ears). I really can't decide if it should be in color, black and white, or sepia. :confused:

Color:
springbreak573.jpg



B&W:
springbreak573-1.jpg



Sepia-ish:
springbreak573-2.jpg


Oh, and I wouldn't mind some C&C. ;)
 
I prefer the color one
 
I prefer it in black and white.
The big down side is the zebra's butt - it's very prominent in the image.
Your images are ok to edit so i played in PS CS2 for a few minutes.
converted to black and white using calculations and cropped to remove the butt and empty space to the left.
If the image you have is larger then it might be a good one to print in portrait rather than landscape
springbreak573.jpg
 
Sepia!!
Thank goodness his tail was down:confused: :lmao:
In the color one it looks like he's looking at you out of the corner of his eye. I can not imagine what's going through his head...
Cute pic.
I would enjoy a poster size of this one for my wall.
 
Sepia it is, then. ;)
Thanks, everyone.

Darich-- thanks, I like your version and mine. I think the full zebra adds something (especially that prominent stripe going down his back), but I understand what you mean about the empty space. I'm not sure.

neea said:
I would enjoy a poster size of this one for my wall.

I'm flattered. :) *hands out posters size pics*
 
i say color. sepia looks like its in color too though, just different background colors, so i think you could get away with doing either one of them and it would look good!
 
Oh darn. Now I don't know which one to print (yea, I'm actually going to print a photo for once! I've never done that. :-P).
 
I like the color version - I like that the contrast of the background color makes the b&w of the zebra stand out more.
 
I like the colored and the sepia, and actually don't care for darich's version at all, I say leave it as you have it. I think the shot could have been made better by getting the whole zebra, but you only got half(still a good shot) but why would you want to cut off more?

there is actually no distracting butt, since his/her tail is down, and I think you'd be missing a lot of the neat lines of the zebra by cropping it down any
 
colour or black and white ... the black and white version is very strong and the colour version is pleasing the eye. so it depends what you want ;) :)
 
It's a zebra, known for the black and white pattern. I say it has to be b/w. It's a strong, well toned image.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom