Jozef Bulyaki

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello guys,

I am new and also glad to be here.

I just got back my first roll of film ever from the lab and starting off here with a problem.

I am using a fujica stx-1 slr.

In the bottom left side of picture no.3 attached there is some kind of blurry reflection of a rug I recognize from my kitchen. It is not in the frame, but somehow a weird reflection of it appears on it. I don’t know what is behind this.

In picture no.1 there is a similar problem but is more obvious. There are squares on my cat, which is the pattern on the furniture she is on( but its not in the frame) The previous photo I shot contains this pattern, I don’t know if it has anything to do with “appearing” in the next one.

In the down part of picture no.2 there is a blurry band and almost invisible reflections again which I easily recognize from my apartment. This picture also contains a thin vertical line.

These problems don’t repeat, most of the pictures from the same roll are perfect.

Can anyone help me out with these?

Thanks in advanve and take care guys.
5DEF28E6-CD51-41F7-AB43-D28FF0A6810E.png
6ED57329-1145-449A-929A-B4DE5D20B3C3.png
B0247341-B9C0-4C7A-8678-DA3B999A3F31.png

Are the negatives extremely dark? Meaning, they're overexposed and your shutter isn't closing right away.

Are the negatives extremely dark? Meaning, they're overexposed and your shutter isn't closing right away.
The negatives look normal. How else do I know if the shutter is not closing properly?

Looks like multiple exposure. Did you, perhaps, press in the film rewind button before completing your shooting of the roll?

Looks like multiple exposure. Did you, perhaps, press in the film rewind button before completing your shooting of the roll?
This camera does not let me take another photo before fully pulling on the advance lever. So I don’t think it is multiple exposure as in the picture no3 I see the reflection of the kitchen rug which is outside of the frame and no other photo from the roll contained that rug.

This camera does not let me take another photo before fully pulling on the advance lever. So I don’t think it is multiple exposure as in the picture no3 I see the reflection of the kitchen rug which is outside of the frame and no other photo from the roll contained that rug.

Maybe the film isn't advancing like it should.

The negatives look normal. How else do I know if the shutter is not closing properly?

When the camera is empty, open the back and activate the shutter. Does it appear to be working correctly?

When the camera is empty, open the back and activate the shutter. Does it appear to be working correctly?

Yes, I checked it. It seems to nail the different speeds and also gets back to its position without any delay. The movement looks flawless, not laggy or sticky.

......... So I don’t think it is multiple exposure as in the picture no3 I see the reflection of the kitchen rug which is outside of the frame and no other photo from the roll contained that rug.

"A reflection" of a rug? "Outside of the frame"?

What do you mean?

If what is appearing in the image is in the room the same time you take the image, there's a shutter issue.

......... So I don’t think it is multiple exposure as in the picture no3 I see the reflection of the kitchen rug which is outside of the frame and no other photo from the roll contained that rug.

"A reflection" of a rug? "Outside of the frame"?

What do you mean?

If what is appearing in the image is in the room the same time you take the image, there's a shutter issue.

There was a rug hanging on the oven at the time when I took the photo. I did not frame it in the picture, still it is slightly visible on the picture no.3 , it looks like a reflection but of course it is not.
If it is the shutter, wouldn’t it appear in all images?

Thank you for your replies

If the shutter isn't closing properly, you could easily snap the photo, assume the shutter closes, move the camera and hold it still long enough for a secondary image to be exposed before the shutter finally closes.

If the rug that appears in the image is the one you're standing on, this would be a possibility.

Do you have some sort of filter/converter attached to it?
If NOT, there is something wrong with the lens. I have not seen a 50mm give that kind of distortion/focus ... unless somebody put an element in backwards.

Are you posting digital images taken of the prints? Is that why image no 1 has distortion?

Most reactions

Back