Color or B&W?

Felix 222

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm split so I'm leaving it up to TPF. Do you prefer color or B&W for this image? I think her green eyes and pink top add to the image, but at the same time, black and white is tempting. Which do you prefer?

rt23rk.jpg

51a6fl.jpg

B&W for me. In the color version,the fleshtones have a green cast, which could be eliminated in selective color. Her teeth look a bit yellow in the color version as well.
Working in Selective Color, I'd add 10-12-13 points of magenta to kill that greenish cast in the fleshtones, and work on the teeth with the Magic Wand and the sponge tool.

Stick with the B&W.

In the color version, from her nose down there is a yellow cast that is also discoloring her teeth.

your coloring is a bit off, like you can see yellows so I did a little edit for you in that, basically did through selective coloring, lowered yellow, whitened the teeth, eyes, played with the eye color to make it pop a bit. once that was adjusted then it was transferred to BW, and just darkened the eyebrows a bit. Hope you like.

1.jpg

2.jpg

thank you for all of the responses!

derrel, i took your advice and spent some time modifying the yellows and greens using selective color. additionally, i used the sponge tool for the teeth. it was my first time using both tools! they are amazing.

what do you think?

59xy83.jpg

PS: too much green in the eyes?

Yeah, the eyes look a little bit overly green, and the sponge tool needs to have more clicks' worth of white added on some of the s=locations on the teeth. For a first-ever use of the sponge tool, you did well,and got rid of about 50% of the problem. I still see some yellow/green pollution in her skin tones,mostly in the areas around her upper chest.

I'd open up the Selective Color palette,and look at what the various tweaks can do in the yellows,reds,and neutrals, to see how you can adjust things different ways.

I vote stay with color! :)

your coloring is a bit off, like you can see yellows so I did a little edit for you in that, basically did through selective coloring, lowered yellow, whitened the teeth, eyes, played with the eye color to make it pop a bit. once that was adjusted then it was transferred to BW, and just darkened the eyebrows a bit. Hope you like.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Well done on the edit! It looks like a totally different picture.:thumbup:

thanks again for the help. i think i'm satisfied with the final photo:

original raw->jpeg:
160cztj.jpg

original edit and posted photo:

final:
csxs9.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back