Color or B&W?

dearlybeloved

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I like them both but wanted to see which one suits better by hearing some of your opinions. He is a homeless man I met in my town who I asked if I could take a few photographs and he happily obliged.

Thanks for looking.

$FIG1N.jpg

$tyOx48k.jpg

I think black and white looks best. Loving the tonal range.

I'm going with color.. but I think it's because I don't care for what the b&w version has done to make his skin appear so dark.

I'm in for the color shot as well.

Looking at both quickly, BW definitely does it for me, where the color just doesn't seem to have emotion going on with it. The tonal range of the BW is awesome.

I prefer the colour. The contrast is just too harsh for my liking on his face. I also really like the way the dark background makes it looks like a bit colour selective.

I'm going with color.. but I think it's because I don't care for what the b&w version has done to make his skin appear so dark.

I agree with this opinion as well...if you could raise the tones or lower contrast, his face might be a bit more noticeable.

I agree that the contrast is too high on the B&W for my liking. In addition, I like the low color saturation in the color image as it works to promote the despair of the image. So in this set, I vote for the color image.

thanks guys, i'm going to sit down and run through them again and make the suggested adjustments and see what I can get from it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back