What's new

Color or B&W

Which version?

  • Color

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • B&W

    Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Bacon?

    Votes: 2 18.2%

  • Total voters
    11
  • Poll closed .
I thought this was going to be a easy pick but then I noticed Bacon as one of the choices ir was a battle to choose but in the end went with B&W.
 
bw, but I would tweak it more
 
Bacon for sure
but B&W is pretty good too

LOL, I tell you no matter how hard I try and how much I improve, I just can't seem to beat that bacon choice with one of my photos.
 
If you want to emphasize the texture in the cordage, then I'd go with the B&W.

Just look at the two... if you're going for texture, then the color tends to distract my attention away from the detail and I find my eyes wandering to the green background. But in the B&W version, I find myself drawn to the texture in the cord.

BTW... how did you do the B&W conversion? I might toy with this to see if you can bring out even stronger contrast.
 
If you want to emphasize the texture in the cordage, then I'd go with the B&W.

Just look at the two... if you're going for texture, then the color tends to distract my attention away from the detail and I find my eyes wandering to the green background. But in the B&W version, I find myself drawn to the texture in the cord.

BTW... how did you do the B&W conversion? I might toy with this to see if you can bring out even stronger contrast.


I used silver efex pro to do the b&w conversion and then I re-did it for more structure in the chord only. I think I may have upped the contrast a little too. I am leaning toward the b&w.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom