Colorado Springs, CO meet-up, April 14

RVsForFun

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have finally secured a small conference room for our Colorado Spirngs, CO meet-up on Saturday, April 14 at 10:00am. If our group exceeds the meeting room size we'll move the meeting to a local restaurant. Some MPIX forum photogs may attend as well.

I've reserved a meeting room at a FedExKinko's on Garden of the Gods Road in Colorado Springs for 10:00am. The FedExKinko's is on the SW corner of Garden of the Gods Road and Centennial Blvd. For those traveling out of town, take I-25 south to Garden of the Gods exit, go west (right) until Centennial Blvd. Turn left at the light.

The exact address for the Mapquesters out there is 1355 Garden of the Gods Road, Colorado Springs, CO. Thier number is 719-592-9696.

Please PM me if you intend to stop by. We'll be very close at that location to shoot some photos at the Garden of the Gods park, just up the road. Please feel free to bring samples of your work and of course, your camera.

I have finally secured a small conference room for our Colorado Spirngs, CO meet-up on Saturday, April 14 at 10:00am. If our group exceeds the meeting room size we'll move the meeting to a local restaurant. Some MPIX forum photogs may attend as well.

I've reserved a meeting room at a FedExKinko's on Garden of the Gods Road in Colorado Springs for 10:00am. The FedExKinko's is on the SW corner of Garden of the Gods Road and Centennial Blvd. For those traveling out of town, take I-25 south to Garden of the Gods exit, go west (right) until Centennial Blvd. Turn left at the light.

The exact address for the Mapquesters out there is 1355 Garden of the Gods Road, Colorado Springs, CO. Thier number is 719-592-9696.

Please PM me if you intend to stop by. We'll be very close at that location to shoot some photos at the Garden of the Gods park, just up the road. Please feel free to bring samples of your work and of course, your camera.

Hi there.. I am new to photography.. Is their a level of experience that you want? I would love to go and learn from you pros.

Please attend! Everyone welcome. We'll all learn something from someone else.

Hi there.. I am new to photography.. Is their a level of experience that you want? I would love to go and learn from you pros.

I'm fairly new too, Zen. So no worries! I expect that it's going to be casual and a great way to meet new friends with different approaches/techniques to photography. Should be rad!

I only have 2 or 3 pieces of work to show, but I don't think anyone other than me cares :)

Thank you for reserving a room and setting up this meeting. I should be able to make it and I better print out some of my photos as well.

I'll be getting back in town just in time to go! I've been wanting to go to a meetup for a while. So.. count me in.

Don't spend large $$$ printing out your work, an inkjet copy should be just fine. We don't have an official agenda other than to show work, meet people and maybe head out to the Garden of the Gods park for a shooting trip.

UPDATE on directions: it will be easier to get to Kinko's on Garden of the Gods Road if you go to the next light (west) after Centennial Blvd. and turn left into the Traveller's Insurance driveway. The Kinko's is on the immediate left.

Dah! What happened to the other thread? I will still make it.

...what happened to the original thread. I had to put a new one out. I'm glad you can make it. If we get too many people for the room size we'll move it to a local restaurant less than one block away. BELIEVE ME I drove all around COSprings on Monday trying to find a place to meet that didn't want $300 out of my pocket for guarantees. The library (the perfect place!) has been booked for months. If we do this again we can get a large conference room at a library. Glad you're coming!

Dah! What happened to the other thread? I will still make it.

The COSprings meet-up is this Saturday, April 14, 10:00am, Kinkos, 1355 Garden of the Gods Road, near the SW corner of GOTG Road and Centennial Blvd. The phone number of the Kinkos is 719-592-9696. Please bring work samples and business cards. Hope to see everyone there!

Do not forget to also take photos of each other ... and make sure you know all about the TPF salute!

:wink:

Here you are:

44609f08.jpg

Photo taken by ROB, and borrowed from this_thread on the Meet-Up in London on 2 and 3 September of last year.

184438274.jpg

Pic taken by myself (camera on tripod and timer), same meet-up, same thread.

Just so you know what the TPF Salute looks like.
You cannot have a meet up and not send a photo without the salute! ;)

Edited to add:
Hey, and I am just thinking: if you want to see photos of past TPF meet-ups, this forum (for the meet-ups) has a sub-forum called "Past Meet-Ups", and if you click on "Display Options" underneath the index and click on "Beginning" (instead of the default "last week") you can go through all of them.

Most reactions

Back