What's new

Colorful Tossup (Opinions and CC Requested)

Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 6, 2012
Messages
1,472
Reaction score
855
Location
Mountain View, California
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well another weekend spent doing research on the coast means more time playing with coastal imagery. This time, the sunset was fraught with deep purples, and I can't quite tell if it's helping or hindering the image below. I have done nothing to saturate the colors. In fact, I've globally desaturated them a tad because I found them to be distracting as they were to start with.

What do you all think? B&W, or color version? I'm kind of digging the B&W version, but feel like it's a shame to throw away all those natural colors.

1.

Cobble by TogaLive, on Flickr

2.

Cobble by TogaLive, on Flickr
 
I like the B/W. Can you post the colored one?
 
I'm sorry - i guess I'm seeing it a bit more violet
 
Crazy that the first one is true color. Has an almost cyanotype feel.
 
I like them both, but I actually slightly prefer the color one.
However, it may just be the way the landscape was, but the horizon feels really tilted to me. I'd do some straightening of that if it were mine.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom