Colour calibration problems :(

jonnyapps

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here.

I've been photographing for a few years now and recently (last few months) have had major colour problems.
Basically i work away on a shot in Photoshop and then when I save it to jpeg/tiff etc. The colour changes on it. I guess it's a setting in photoshop cos I can have it open in PS alongside it opened in windows preview and the 2 images which should be the same look different.

Please advise.

Thanks

Jon

Check your colour settings in PShop its probably assigning a different colour space than the one your working in.

rgb settings. if youre shooting digitally at jpeg format, your camera is most likely saving as rgb. since youre importing and saving through ps, you might be saving as cmyk. sometimes this will skew teh color settings. i know i forget to change the settings sometimes when i save files that are meant to be printed and sometimes i forget to change them back if it were meant to be viewed mainly on web.

wait, sorry, are you looking at the same file in different viewers?

Check your colour profiles in Photoshop (under colour settings). Sounds like you're editing in one profile and saving to another.

Usually best to edit and archive in AdobeRBG as this offers the largest gamut. Before displaying on web or sending to print you should convert to the appropriate pofile choosing the 'convert to profile' option.

EDIT: Also make sure your monitor is calibrated, if not by hardware then using Adobe Gamut as a minimum.

Most reactions

Back