Colour problems

Solarize

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a colour calibration problem that I just can't get my head around.
It seems like a complicated issue so I will try to explain it as simply as possible and just pray that someone can help.

I open an image in photoshop and the colours look fantastic.

I click 'print with preview'. The colour's on the preview window look dreadful.

I print the image. The colour's are terrible but very similar to those on the preview window.

I can't work out where the problem is.

I am using an epson 2100 printer with a new inkset, a continuous ink system from lyson.
I have installed generic profiles for the printer/lyson inkset.

Strong similarities between the print and on screen preview image suggest that the printer and monitor are both somewhat accurate and that the prefect looking colours on photoshop are wrong (as contradictory as that sounds)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Lets see....

The colorspace is usually determined when you create a new document. If you hit new you'll see an option for choosing your color mode. Alternativly if your creating documents from the RAW converter it will be under workflow options.

If you want to see what a current file is or want to convert a file to a different color space hit Edit/Convert to Profile...

At the top you will see the current profile and then a drop down box of choices.

I'm not exasctly sure how this all plays into the printing aspect of things but it might be worth checking out.

Hmmm, I've just tried something else.

The problems I explained previously arose when I selected colour management, and used a generic profile given to me by lyson to be used with these inks.

By simply selecting 'output' and using the normal colour settings, the preview window colours (almost) match those in photoshop and translate roughly to what i'm getting on print.

I am still far from satisfied with the result which is too desaturated and apparently out of gamma in some areas. (Blues are very good, yellows bleed into the reds which are far too desaturated)

To use a printer profile do the associated colour changes need to be installed in photoshop or something? (is that to do with colourspace?) Im wracking my brain but can't work out what to do...... any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Most reactions

Back