COMING BOSS

Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
RqC5oBJoTMKQLFi9t8x6ew_thumb_5225_Fotor.jpg

"COMING BOSS" ~ Labrador Retriever pup JACKSON is viewed coming to with me DOUBLE TT BRITISH KENNELS cap carried gently in his mouth after I had tossed it for him to retrieve. Wee JACKSON has just turned 3 months old and is being trained by yours truly as a candidate for gun dog greatness and a prospective hunt test K9 athlete.

5k1cZRJNQQuN3E3tOSdLag_thumb_521a_Fotor.jpg

FUN WITH FEATHERS ~ JACKSON is seen returning with a pheasant wing tossed for him during an early morning training session today. A simple drill utilized to both awaken the bird drive programmed into JACKSON'S DNA and to instill a high level of motivation and love for training within the young prospect.

JACKSON has been training with me since January 3rd and is coming along wonderfully. There is nothing quite like watching the development of a gun dog pup learning the skills needed to do what they were selectively bred to do.

Cheers,
THE DOG WHISTLER

You might try focusing first, shooting second.

Can't argue with ye a bit Mate, the images are definitely out o' focus. I just had troubles as the pup wouldn't remain still for long.

Mike

Faster shutter speed and more depth of field generally fixes that. I.e.;

42345139340_32f4e8697f_b_d.jpg

Faster shutter speed and more depth of field generally fixes that. I.e.;

True except a side view image isn't quite a fair comparison to one taken when the subject is moving toward/away from you. In my Sadie's case that's generally just short of Mach I on a retrieve. LOL

This one is nothing short of mach 1 as well, even in the water a bugger to track and keep in focus.

31949679503_cdcfb401da_h_d.jpg

is nothing short of mach 1 as well, even in the water a bugger to track and keep in focus.

Great image as was the first, but still not head on or flying away which I maintain is proportionally more difficult. I've had the pleasure of viewing both yours and the OP's images, finding both generally fall in the excellent range. Granted faster shutter, more DOF, zone focus, continuous focus, tripod, etc. could have helped. However having been in his spot while training, your mental focus isn't on the camera but on the dog. A good bird dog gets its ques from the handler, not a camera. The snap shot is usually a one handed, added benefit of the outing, a remembrance of a good time, of bonding with the dog. As such I couldn't be overly critical of the missed focus in this case, because IMO memory trumps technical every time.

is nothing short of mach 1 as well, even in the water a bugger to track and keep in focus.

Great image as was the first, but still not head on or flying away which I maintain is proportionally more difficult. I've had the pleasure of viewing both yours and the OP's images, finding both generally fall in the excellent range. Granted faster shutter, more DOF, zone focus, continuous focus, tripod, etc. could have helped. However having been in his spot while training, your mental focus isn't on the camera but on the dog. A good bird dog gets its ques from the handler, not a camera. The snap shot is usually a one handed, added benefit of the outing, a remembrance of a good time, of bonding with the dog. As such I couldn't be overly critical of the missed focus in this case, because IMO memory trumps technical every time.

Smoke665,
Spot on Mate. T'was an off hand shot with a rapidly approaching pup closing in whilst I was laying on the ground and hoping for my camera not to take a full bore pup impact. I believe bulldurham was just trying to help.

Mike

I believe bulldurham was just trying to help.

I believe that as well. He seems like he would be an interesting fellow to shoot with, though I'm not sure I could do the early bird hours he does.

Once you knock off the icicles off your dripping nose,early hours aren't so bad. :bouncingsmileys:

Most reactions

Back