What's new

"Coming Soon..."

Helius

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 15, 2012
Messages
20
Reaction score
1
Location
United States
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I call this one the "Coming Soon..." The film that I used is Fiji Acros 100 120mm. Please feel free to let me know what you think. I'm eager to hear suggestions / critiques. If you want a higher resolution image to view, go to http://www.impactcamera.com

$Coming Soon- Mortgages & Cash Advance.webp

Thanks for viewing!
 
I meant it as a sort of political and economic commentary as to the current state of affairs in the United States. The building behind me in the image, was abandoned.
 
I think that you have internalized too much of the message here.
To someone who hasn't seen it before, me, it is an image without any real central point. It's not obvious what the viewer should look and or why.
Even after I heard your explanation, the picture doesn't give that message any more depth.
What you have included besides the sign seems at random and unattached.
 
I meant it as a sort of political and economic commentary as to the current state of affairs in the United States. The building behind me in the image, was abandoned.

OK, but if you want us to understand your comment, we would need to see an obviously abandoned building. The framing of the image does show the sign but does not provide the context.
 
Good point. Thanks for taking the time to view it! I tried that shot (including the building) with my digital but didn't like how it looked, aesthetically. I just couldn't resist capturing that sign, though. It stood out like a monolith to me.
 
social commentary requires that your audience be able to make a connection to what you are trying to say... otherwise it doesn't work.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom