Comment/Critique? Just got into digital photography...

ACaptain7

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently became interested in digital photography and am focusing (no pun intended:lmao:) on nature/landscape photography. I would like to read suggestions/comments on these three photos. The first two are edited, the third is not. I don't know if the third is worth editing. Anyway, here they are. (Click to make larger...I think, haha)

You might want to post larger photo's. These are too small to see anything.

I'm thinking the last one looks pretty cool, but I'm not sure.

You might want to post larger photo's. These are too small to see anything.

I'm thinking the last one looks pretty cool, but I'm not sure.

Uhm...

Anyway, here they are. (Click to make larger...I think, haha)

So, you can make them larger. :)

#1 is composed very well, though I think I'd crop a LITTLE bit more off the bottom to get rid of some of the misc. rocks... but the colours and everything are very crisp. I actually like #3 quite a bit, too, but next time maybe don't center the light house. #2 isn't interesting to me at all- I want to push the brush out of the way so I can see the water, hahaha! The colours in all these photographs are spectacular. What kind of camera are you using? :)

Thanks a lot! As I said, the first two are edited and therefore, the colors are more vivid than in the original but I used a Canon Powershot A570 IS. I don't know much about digital photography, but for me, it is a great camera. Small, affordable, many settings and takes great pics. Any more suggestions or comments are appreciated!

bump, would like advice/comments please.

Uhm...

So, you can make them larger. :)

#1 is composed very well, though I think I'd crop a LITTLE bit more off the bottom to get rid of some of the misc. rocks... but the colours and everything are very crisp. I actually like #3 quite a bit, too, but next time maybe don't center the light house. #2 isn't interesting to me at all- I want to push the brush out of the way so I can see the water, hahaha! The colours in all these photographs are spectacular. What kind of camera are you using? :)

I agree, definately try moving your main subject more to the left or right. Otherwise they look good.

I took the liberty of editing the first photo, since I feel it has the most potential...

f_IMG0497editm_fde069d.jpg

IMO, 1 is composed best, 2 doesn't do anything for me, and 3 has potential, but unfortunately you got the lighthouse right smack in the middle.

But congrats on "choosing" landscapes... you'll have loads of fun!

I felt like I had to center the lighthouse in order for it to stand out against the wind blown grass, I guess I was wrong :lol:

Most reactions

Back