Comments and Tips for a Newbie

Kirst

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please could have some advice on how I can improve these images? What do like or don't like about them.

unsual.jpg

gardenflower.jpg

the second one lacks proper light ... or post processing. whitebalance seems a bit off and it lacks contrast. As said, these things can be addressed in post processing.

composition wise it is very conventional and lacks some tension.

IMHO the first one is much better in all respects though :) it just lacks a bit of sharpness.

just a 15 second edit without putting my glasses on (just left the shower ;) )

.. not perfect, but for the time given ... I increased contrast in the second and sharpened both a bit.

others might comment on the composition now ... I have to get dressed :p

unsual.jpg

gardenflower.jpg

the second one lacks proper light ... or post processing. whitebalance seems a bit off and it lacks contrast. As said, these things can be addressed in post processing.

composition wise it is very conventional and lacks some tension.

IMHO the first one is much better in all respects though :) it just lacks a bit of sharpness.

Thank you,Alex. I appreciate it. Tell me what can I do about improving the things you suggested. I don't quite understand how I can improve those things without making the image worse. Which would be the best software to use. Should I consist getting photoshop? If you had to compare these to my first images have I shown even a little improvement. This is a great site. I have received some really good advice but still have a lot of newbie me but then I can again I have even been doing this for a month. Sorry for waffling.

Most reactions

Back