Comments on pics

ksasidhar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these pics yesterday. I will appreciate your valuable comments on composition and technique. Thank you.

Sasidhar

Bicycle at beach

Bicycle.JPG

Fisherman -1

Fisherman-1.JPG

Fisherman -2

Fisherman-2.JPG

Sunset

Sunset.JPG

Attachments

• Sunset.JPG
    Sunset.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 139
  • Sunset.JPG
    Sunset.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 111
The first one I like. The bicycle is an oddity in its environment making it a strong focal point. I think I would prefer a crop that places it lower in the frame. All the sand in the foreground adds little and makes the composition unbalanced.

The 3rd shot has a good silhouette and a nice s curve leading to the subject but it’s too far away and framing is off. I tried a crop and straighten and bumped up the contrast a bit but not sure I like it better than yours.

B54DA846-4C78-447A-B9F6-1549FD1938BF.jpeg

I took the liberty of downloading the first image to crop, then let LR do it's thing, sampling the WB on the bag on the bicycle. Also note you have dust on your sensor, see the spots in the sky above the utility pole.
Bicycle-2.jpg

Thanks for all the comments.

@SquarePeg. I wanted to show fisherman at water and sand interface with horizon behind him. Unfortunately at the time of taking this shot, I
was only having a 50mm prime lens on me. The actual picture, I wanted to take will be something like attached.
tapatalk_1539959406795.jpeg

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

I took the liberty of downloading the first image to crop, then let LR do it's thing, sampling the WB on the bag on the bicycle. Also note you have dust on your sensor, see the spots in the sky above the utility pole.
View attachment 164662
Thanks Smoky. I think this one looks better than the actual pic.

Can you all let me know what you think about the exposure and settings. I am still learning them and hence the reason for posting it in beginners forum. Thanks

an you all let me know what you think about the exposure and settings. I am still learning them and hence the reason for posting it in beginners forum. Thanks

The exposure on the one I edited was close. After adjusting the white balance, it was less then a half stop overexposed. One thing I did notice was focus, I didn't really notice any one point sharp. When you pick a focal point for an image it helps to use single point focus to lock in on that point. One big issue is WB, here's a good starting read Understanding White Balance If you're processing raw files in an editing program, you can adjust it after the fact. If these are coming straight out of your camera you need to read up on adjusting it in camera.

an you all let me know what you think about the exposure and settings. I am still learning them and hence the reason for posting it in beginners forum. Thanks

The exposure on the one I edited was close. After adjusting the white balance, it was less then a half stop overexposed. One thing I did notice was focus, I didn't really notice any one point sharp. When you pick a focal point for an image it helps to use single point focus to lock in on that point. One big issue is WB, here's a good starting read Understanding White Balance If you're processing raw files in an editing program, you can adjust it after the fact. If these are coming straight out of your camera you need to read up on adjusting it in camera.
Thanks for the link. I take pictures both in raw and jpeg format simultaneously. But the raw image files look lot greener than the jpeg files. I have not mastered processing raw images yet. Hence what I post is mostly jpeg format.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back