Commercial Autumn - C&C Appreciated

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm curious what people think of this...

CBRE - 500 600 700 Riverpark Drive - 109.jpg

Good or bad. Nothing off limits... composition? Colors? Whathaveyou?

I personally like the photo except for the car on the right. The car on the right is distracting. I think crop that out and its good to go. Thats just me though.

Makes me wonder if you took it yourself, or if you had your little assistent take it in your stead :wink: :wink: :wink: !?!?!?!

I like the composition very much. The low stone wall (sorry, don't know the exact word in English for that) guides the eye throughout the image. The colours are very pleasing, especially the leaves (some illuminated by the sun, some not). Of course the fallen leaves add to the Autumn theme.

One thing I don't like is the parked car on the right-hand side (please tell me that's not your car :)). Not sure why you chopped the lower part of the tree in the foreground. Also, I'd try to bring out as much detail on the stone wall as possible, and maybe also on the trunk of the tree in the foreground.

I personally like the photo except for the car on the right. The car on the right is distracting. I think crop that out and its good to go. Thats just me though.

ooo... didn't notice the car. Damned commercial parks! :lol: Plus, it's Sunday! They shouldn't be working! Burns me up! :lol:

I'll try to see if I can whack the car. I kinda like the crop on the tree as it is, so maybe I can clone the car out. :)

Makes me wonder if you took it yourself, or if you had your little assistent take it in your stead :wink: :wink: :wink: !?!?!?!

hahaha... well, she was right behind me taking roughly the same shot. I should look at hers again and compare. :)

I like the composition very much. The low stone wall (sorry, don't know the exact word in English for that) guides the eye throughout the image. The colours are very pleasing, especially the leaves (some illuminated by the sun, some not). Of course the fallen leaves add to the Autumn theme.

One thing I don't like is the parked car on the right-hand side (please tell me that's not your car :)). Not sure why you chopped the lower part of the tree in the foreground. Also, I'd try to bring out as much detail on the stone wall as possible, and maybe also on the trunk of the tree in the foreground.

Thanks, man. Those were all the things I was going for, so it's nice to hear you were struck by those. I'll try to play a bit with exposure and fill light to see if I can bring out the detail in the stone wall.

I think I cropped the tree the way I did because it was the best way to get the shot... I was trying to get the leaves illuminated without the sun glaring into the lens, while also keeping the composition the way I wanted. It was *not* an easy thing to pull off. I totally didn't notice I lopped off the bottom of the tree. Troubling, but how noticable is it?

I totally didn't notice I lopped off the bottom of the tree. Troubling, but how noticable is it?
For professional nitpickers like the ones on this website? Or for the general public? ;)

The title of the thread says "commercial". The average client has less than 1% chance of noticing the chopped root. Scratch that: 0.5%.

For professional nitpickers like the ones on this website? Or for the general public? ;)

hahaha, um... well, I hadn't considered that actually, so I don't know! :lol:

The title of the thread says "commercial". The average client has less than 1% chance of noticing the chopped root. Scratch that: 0.5%.

TBH the commercial part was just a reference to the fact that it was in a commercial park (see that building off to the left there)... I DID actually do it on the job and I DID wind up giving a copy of this shot to my client. They may well decide to use it in their brochure. Not sure. Will be interesting to see.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back