Compact Flash - Is this good memory?

The price of storage media is falling like crazy lately. Thats not a bad deal... and this card is more than fast enough for the XTI and SanDisk have a good reputation in the industry. I think its a good deal for you.

I'll echo JerryPH's comments. I was looking up specs for it, and comparing it with one that I have - a 2 GB Lexar Platinum II 80x.

Yours has a sustained minimum write speed at 9 MB/sec, and mine is 12 MB/sec. Mine can more than keep up with my shooting, even if I'm firing off 10-15 shots in fairly quick succession. I have a much slower 1 GB card that I sometimes have to wait for it to finish writing before I can keep shooting.

So, the short of it is, yeah you're getting a good deal - you shouldn't have any trouble out of that card. :)

The write speed of that card is faster than the buffer can write in the XTI. I prefer the Sandisk Extreme III cards, not for write speed but for read speed. They download easily twice as fast than the Ultra II in my card reader. They are a bit pricier but for me it is worth it.

I think the problem is now fixed, but for a while Lexar cards did not play nice in Canon DSLR's. Something about the way Lexar programed their cards. Worked fine with Nikons but didn't like Canons.

Besides you can get a better price here on the Extreme III's.
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/SanD...47304/catOid/-13071/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

That is a good card for the price. My brother has 2 for his 40D, and it doesn't affect his shooting.

That is what I have for my XT and it has been pretty good so far. Kinda slow on getting the pics off the card though but I am patient.

That is what I have for my XT and it has been pretty good so far. Kinda slow on getting the pics off the card though but I am patient.

That's due to the camera, not the card. Cameras are slow as hell at transferring pics.

That's due to the camera, not the card. Cameras are slow as hell at transferring pics.

Actually, it's just slow. I don't even know where the cord for my camera is. I always download from a card reader. Compared to the Extreme III, the Ultra II's are slow. I am sure that compared to the Extreme IV's the III would seem slow.

Besides the camera connection cable is a poor way to download pictures. One of the most common things to go wrong with digital cameras is the micro USB port in the camera failing or just plain getting screwed up by operator error. I used mine once to name the camera and put it away.

GRYPHONSLAIR,
thanks for the tip on the x3 @ cc. went and picked up 2 today. to my surprise they had it on the rack for 79.99 yet pre purchase was only 39.99. thanks again
bp

Heh, my 30D downloads photos faster than my card reader :-D

Ok, so my card reader is most likely crap but hey, its funny!

There is this thing out now called USB 2.0.:lol:
The 2.0 card readers are much faster then the old one's. Check em out. They be go fast. :lmao:

There is this thing out now called USB 2.0.:lol:
The 2.0 card readers are much faster then the old one's. Check em out. They be go fast. :lmao:

There's also this thing called Firewire. Firewire 400 AND 800 are faster than USB 2.0 in real world practices...like downloading RAW images from a card reader.

Most reactions

Back