CompactFlash Card Questions

Rekd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
amusingscribe.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've got two cards for my 7D, a Sandisk Ultra CompactFlash card. It's 4 gigs and runs 30mb/sec. I spent about 60 bucks on it I think.

I also recently bought a SanDisk Extreme III CompactFlash card that was less than half the price and also rated at 30mb/sec. I noticed when I shoot video on this card it stops every few seconds during playback (about every 5 or 10 seconds) I think because it's not writing fast enough.

The first card I listed doesn't do that.

I was looking at other cards and found a Lexar Professional UDMA Flash memory card - 16 GB CompactFlash Card for a little over a hundred bucks and the speed rating is not listed as mb/sec, it's listed as 300x. I want to get a bigger card but I want it to be fast enough so it doesn't have problems when I'm shooting video like the Extreme III card above.

Is the Lexar card a good card for the 7D? And how fast is 300x??

TYIA.

I also recently bought a SanDisk Extreme III CompactFlash card that was less than half the price and also rated at 30mb/sec. I noticed when I shoot video on this card it stops every few seconds during playback (about every 5 or 10 seconds) I think because it's not writing fast enough.

Where were the two CF cards purchased? Just asking since SanDisk CF cards have been widely counterfeited.

The Extreme III card was bought at Radio Shack and I think the other was bought at Best Buy. I'll ask the wife, she got the other one.

I am fairly sure the Lexar UDMA is the latest fastest version.

Most reactions

Back