complete newbie with nice camera doing action shots.

Great shots!!! Nice and clear, great action captures. I would maybe do a little cropping to make some of them a bit tighter but that's just me. Keep up the good work mate.

They are all very good, my favorite is #3 first roll “Showin' it off...”
IMO because the skaters face is looking toward the camera

wow, never thought I'd receive so many positive comments. Especially since this is my first ever camera purchase! *my ego is slowly growing to uncontrollable proportions*. Thanks :)

I do agree with luckydog when he(you) mentioned the cropping issue. It's the one thing I can't figure out because If I crop too tightly, the pictures turn out to look bland because you don't have any idea how high these kids are getting off the ground or how steep a slope they're facing when they land their tricks. If I crop too loosely, the kid I'm shooting doesn't stand out quite as much but viewers do get a perspective of how extreme the sport really is.

Can anyone provide comments on this problem?

oh, give more feedback if possible. I'm a newbie and I want to learn everything as fast as possible. I've been scouring the web for shooting tips and ideas and I'm hungry for more :)

First just try cropping out people or things that are on the edge the frame

I would fix these:
#3 Roll 1 rotate straight, crop keep 2/3 format
#4 Roll 1 crop left side - person walking out of shot
#2 Roll 2 crop left side – kid on bike
#3 Roll 2 top right - first try cloning out the legs – crop if that does not look good

hey meatball!!! you need to try and freelance for transworld or big brother or something, those pics are awesome!

md

Great pics indeed and great camera. And i have to say i have to follow the opinion of Luckydog, i prefer to see less close the object and more of the environment ( cropping?) i am belgian and these words are like chinese to me..hehe your cam has 6 million pixels i think there is no need to take them too close.

One i took with the same kind of cam last week but from nikon

3387665923232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2323%3D538%3D7%3B6%3D32325386%3C5%3A49nu0mrj

like this one is taken with 70-200mm 2.8f
Anyway nice kind of pictures !! I love these !!!!

Hang loose........

Most reactions

Back