What's new

Complexity Intertwined (Kind of Abstract Expressionism)

d.smith292

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 14, 2011
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Location
Ga
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This one is called Complexity Intertwined. Please critique

Brown%20Dust.JPG
 
It reminds me of the spot on Jupiter......=)
It's interesting.
 
Cool. Looks like an abstract forest fire. It begs for a border.
 
Looks to me like an oil painting (van Dyke brown/Naples yellow), 6' x 4', deep canvas, no frame. Love it !
 
In my shop I have it cropped to a 5x5 and matted with a large white border with a dark brown frame. Thank you for the comments.
 
As a digital print it needs that. Don't agree with the idea of cropping any of it though. Waste of good content.
 
Like you I really wanted to see this picture blown up to a huge size. Unfortunately it has only the ability to be printed up to an 8x10. This being said is the reason I cropped it to a square photo, but maybe I should give it a whirl as an uncropped photo. It could have good results.
 
I relate to what you're saying. I've seen some brilliant abstract things created..idly almost, sometimes...in PS, GIMP etc that would be awesome in megaformat..but they're only 1024x768 bitmap. Oh well :) bummer!

Like you I really wanted to see this picture blown up to a huge size. Unfortunately it has only the ability to be printed up to an 8x10. This being said is the reason I cropped it to a square photo, but maybe I should give it a whirl as an uncropped photo. It could have good results.
 
This is truly an interesting abstraction. I have to agree with the rest of them, this image does not require cropping as it is already good as is. How did you achieve such a wonderful rendering?
 
Agree with others. Very nice. Don't crop.

Title must be what popped into your head when you looked at it - we don't need to understand.
 
To be honest I don't like to do to much editing to my photos besides adjusting the contrast a little, but this one was different. I decided to add a color filter to the photo and that was it. Your right about the title. It kind of came to me emotionally. I wrote a blog about it, but last time I posted a link I kind of got into trouble. The link is on my profile though an the post is the same as the title of the picture.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom