Composite

unpopular

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
CC Welcome

14379704227_7fc39a64a0_o.jpg

I am going to comment on all three of your pictures. I guess I am unsure as to what the subject is in all of them. Things are cropped here and there, signs can't be read, they look under exposed. The first one with the clocks which I assume is the subject is getting distracted by 1/4 of a pink bike. Mainly because it's pink. Might want to do some rethinking

Comments are always very welcome, and I hope I am not going to come across as being defensive.

I would encourage people though to reconsider what "subject" means. In this image, along with "machines" my interest is the idea of obstruction and tension. These ideas are my "subject", not the signs themselves, which are used to convey the idea of visual obstruction, tension and dissonance.

Another concept could be found in the repurposing of the building over time, perhaps even going as far to a loss of it's "identity". That is actually what I've seen firsthand.

As for under-exposure, I don't know. It is dark, but detail does exist across all tonal ranges. Too dark? Perhaps.

^^I don't get it... They don't have any qualities to them, that give me the artistic impression your trying to give.

Yeah, whatever you're trying to achieve here it's just not working. It looks like the camera went off accidentally.

Were there more pictures? The first comment mentioned "all three of your pictures"?

Well anyway, all I can see is the one of the corner of the building and the signs, which I find quite interesting. There IS a tension in it because you can't quite make any of the signs out (other than the Coca-Cola) and yet they oddly complement each other. I like the contrast of the old, starting-to-fade painted sign on the brick against the shiny neon sign on the left. I'm not crazy about the sky - a bit boring - but it's a minor detail.

It's an interesting exploration of shapes, of expectations, of desires for completion that are left unfulfilled, and of old vs new.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back