Composites

Discussion in 'Photo Themes' started by JennEcho, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Andrewnguyen972

Andrewnguyen972 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    The cheese on the baby image has a high luminance value and there is front lighting which isn't casting a hard shadow from the cheese. Thats why the image looks fake. The whole image seems like there is a single light source coming from the cheese. But the only shadow in the image is from the lemon grass in the image. So then the eye gets confused to where the actual light source is from.

2. JennEcho

JennEcho TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Those are some nice examples. :)

3. Rick50

Rick50 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    Boy, your eye is better than mine. In this case the lighting is as it was in the scene. Multiple shots at the same setting. I'm not nearly at the level to correct that without it really showing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Buckster

Buckster In memoriam

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The "horizon" for something like this can be affected by perspective because it's not a true horizon, but a shoreline. The vertical lines of the buildings/windows and the reflections in the water testify that it's straight.

As for the other nits, this is the themes gallery; A gallery based solely on having a bit of fun sharing photos that have common themes. In any and all of these themes galleries, you'll find photos at all levels of skill from beginner to advanced, and there's no qualification or expectation of perfection or mastery here, much less to one person's ideas of what that is or should be, especially given the artistic freedom people have to create what they want. Any pieces that don't suit your particular taste for any particular reason(s) can be chalked up to "you can't please everyone".

If someone wants to create a piece that shows a giant purple person with tiny green monkey hands floating in space on a raft made of inverted Coke bottles tied together with 30 foot long tiger tails with pink flamingo feather tassels and the shadows going every which crazy nonsensical way for no logical reason at all, you can like it or not, and it doesn't make a bit of difference to anyone who does like it, including the artist that made it.

Think of it this way: Not every painting is in the style of a Renaissance Master. Some are more in the Cubist tradition or a cartoonist tradition or a kid with a crayon tradition. It doesn't have to make sense or look 100% "real" to you or anyone else for it to be a valid way of communicating the artist's vision.

The way to participate in the themes gallery threads is to post YOUR work that fits the theme.

• Like Like x 2
  5. cgipson1

cgipson1 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Thayli

Thayli No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    These are all amazing at my photoshop level lol, with some of them being plain breathtaking. (I know enough to know how hard they are, I dont know how to do it, but i know how its done if that makes sense.....?) Anyway, since I'm doing my best to start being an active participant of the forum, heres mine that I just did. And yes, since I know not what I do, I'm following the Kiss principle. :)

$IMG_4072.jpg

7. JennEcho

JennEcho TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
  8. Buckster

Buckster In memoriam

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Broaching the subjects of politics or religion is against the rules here at TPF.

9. LightMatters

LightMatters TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    This kid looks like an ELF ... think it's the ears. Great idea to put the wee tyke in a christmas tree!

10. androostain

androostain TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Buckster

Buckster In memoriam

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Seeing as how these haven't been removed by the mods/admins, I stand corrected on my earlier statement:
    As a result, you've inspired me to contribute in kind! My newest composites:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. CA_

CA_ TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

$Hero_SM.jpg

• Like Like x 2