Composites

gmcase

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I enjoy doing large composite images. It tests my Photoshop skills and keeps them sharp. I find it extremely relaxing and interesting as images take on a life of their own once I get into a project. I come up with a general theme and almost always it takes off in one or more different directions once I get into it a ways. This one has 11 individual images. The main subjects are my own images and lesser details are from free or paid stock photo sources. Please feel free to critique. I always have a bit of an ethereal aspect built into my final images. Though I don't always force that it always seems to go that way.

8BB7F33F-3A1F-4D94-832D-0D8A3C2D65C4.jpeg

Hey gmcase! Welcome to the forum. Maybe the "Just For Fun" gallery would be a more appropriate place for this type of art work. However, I too enjoy doing this type of "photo doodling". It can be much fun. I use Gimp software, which I'm sure is not as good as Photoshop. I like the texture you gave the image above. What is that, watercolor? I haven't done anything for quite a while but the following image is one of the last modifications I did.

Tiger 6x19-F1200x675.jpg

JT

3E516D90-CBAA-4CB5-92D9-6D738A950AF1.jpeg
AE300354-E32F-4F37-93AE-B870CCAD4156.jpeg
No textures used. I adjust each image for white balance and color balance to get them close then use color grading or LUTs to pull everything together. On an image like this there can be numerous curves layers and I have concluded that this is partially why the images always have an ethereal edge to them. Here are a couple of more images with around 9 individual images each. They also have a touch of an ethereal mood though not purposely intended.

Very nice images.

On the first one it looks as if the golden hour colour tone wasn't applied to the horse and carriages. To me this makes them stand out from the scene. If a closer colour mask could be applied I think it would blend together a bit better.

The second image (boy running) looks very nice. Good painted feel.

The third image the light direction coming from the right with the moon on the left kind of throws me off a bit, especially since I get the feeling this is supposed to be from an era where street lamps weren't very common.

Keep it up. They look cool.

Very nice! Love the fantasy touches especially.

Nice pics. I like fantasy artwork and my favorite stuff is done with air-brush by Boris Vallejo and Julie Bell. I really respect their work and talent as artists.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back