Composition and exposure C&C please :)

should I post a new thread for the reshoot??

Okay, so I did the reshoot with the 18-55 lens on the camera this time... I tried different modes... Av, Tv, Manual... Manual worked the best... when I had it in Av it was trying to do 30 second exposures and I can't hold my hand still for 30 seconds... I am still tripodless... I can't order my tripod until I get my car fixed
Dilemma! You can try holding it against a sturdy prop, like a book end. Also use a rag or something to keep from scratching the camera.

You used a different perspective in the 2nd set, so it's hard to compare the two. Myself, I did prefer the 1st set with the camera on a level keel with the subject matter, but I like the 2nd set because you included more in the mix.

I hope things work out with the car.;)

I like reshoot #3 the best.

The color temperature is off, but you probably did that on purpose for the warm tint it gets.

If you don't have a tripod, you can put the camera horizontally on a stack of books. Back up a little and just shoot horizontally at high resolution. Then crop it vertically, and you'll still get the benefit of a braced camera.

Lastly, put some wine in the glass. That would make it look more inviting and fun.

Most reactions

Back