What's new

Composition

This shot of the waterfall is really, really nice but not yet fully realized as I would edit it.

I would increase the contrast making the space between the major flows darker to give the water more texture.
The OOF of the hand is not only irrelevant but it adds to the mystery. (I would actually soften the hand a bit)
I would crop to get the bright hand at the thirds so it is the first thing that people's eyes are attracted to. This places the body at the edge - and not in a strong place.
Thus the viewer sees the hand and thus is surprised at the body visible but easily unnoticed of at the right hand margin.

Warmed a bit and printed on a soft textured paper, this is really wall-worthy, I think.


DSC_4121_1llll.jpg~original
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom