computer project

jenny6165

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hey guys, just need a few ideas really.
as part of one of our projects on my photography course we are also using computers.

here's the brief for my project...

advertising uses digital manipulation extensively. it enables the advertiser to create a perfect world or make the impossible possible by combining a number of beautiful images together to produce one idyllic picture. using found images from a number of sources produce a surreal landscape.

look at the following artists for inspiration .. toname a few ... Rene Magritte,Paul Nash, salvador dali, jean miro etc etc.

anywayyyyy, i really cant think of what to do for this project and ive gathered up research from those artists for inspiration, but its not helping.

thing is, once ive got an idea, it will be easy for me to put it together on photoshop, which is what they want us to use.
any thoughts wouldbe great :D

ok this is what ive come up with jus now as an idea,

testpiece2.jpg

I would definitely recommend going along to Dali's exhibit in London for some inspiration. Surrealism to me is the linking of objects and things you wouldn't normally expect to see together. Take, for example, one of Dali's famous paintings of the Melting Clocks. Also he combined a lobster and a telephone. That's what I see as being surreal.

SLOshooter's suggestion was a good idea.

Good luck!

Most reactions

Back