confused

azim1203

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i want to buy a DSLR camera. But, I am confused with my choice:confused:. Among the Canon EOS 550D and Nikon D90, which one is the best option for me. especially for beginner like me..:meh:

I believe I speak for most when I say either will provide you with plenty of room to learn and grow. Most will recommend you go hold the cameras and use them in a store, see which feels better.

Other general considerations are any peers you have, if you've got friends/family with one brand and have a lens collection, this will help you in the longterm being able to try and learn with their lenses.. it'll definitely save you money.

At that level they're both good intro cameras and you'll love either :)

I believe I speak for most when I say either will provide you with plenty of room to learn and grow.
+1. Absolutely agree.

For myself, I prefer (and recommend) Nikon gear for technical reasons (color-aware metering mainly), but I'm not a begineer.

Most will recommend you go hold the cameras and use them in a store, see which feels better.
I'm not most and IMO this supposition is total BS and the differences in feel are essentially meaningless.
I have used several different brands and configuations of SLR, TLR, & DSLR over the years and feel was never an issue or even a consideration. Humans have opposable thumbs, and remarkable dexterity making it easy for us to quickly adapt to a wide variety of cameras and other tools.

You can compare image quality metrics between the 2 cameras at:
DxOMark - Compare sensors

IMO this supposition is total BS and the differences in feel are essentially meaningless.

"feel" is a generalization for grip design/button placement/menu organization and navigation. getting a "feel" for both is, in general, a good way to go. I chose Canon for a few reasons but amongst those was using the buttons and menus, so I don't think its worthless to contrast ergonomics and firmware/software design.

i want to buy a DSLR camera. But, I am confused with my choice:confused:. Among the Canon EOS 550D and Nikon D90, which one is the best option for me. especially for beginner like me..:meh:

What makes you settled on these 2 camera's in the first place. It's hard to recommend when we don't know what features you are looking for in a camera. If you are just looking for something to start out, there are cheaper options.

IMO this supposition is total BS and the differences in feel are essentially meaningless.

I think that statement is BS. You don't want to order a camera online only to find out that the camera doesn't feel right in your hands. To me it was the deciding factor in deciding between Canon and Nikon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back