Connect Canon 7D MK II to a tablet

davholla

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think (if I am wrong correct me) that a Cannon 7D MK II does not come with a connector to a micro usb. I am thinking of getting a connector and trying to use Helicon focus for photo stacking, any advice about what to buy?

Not 100% sure about the mkII, but my 40D and the 7D mk1 both come with USB cables for me to connect to the computer. With that USB connection, I can transfer files from camera to my computer and tether shoot with the Digital Photo Professional (software that comes with the camera) as well as Lightroom.

I think the 7DmkII should come with the USB cable as well for user to transfer image and tether shoot withe DPP.

Edit:
Just went to Canon USA site and it said the camera ships with
"USB Interface Cable IFC-150U II".

Not 100% sure about the mkII, but my 40D and the 7D mk1 both come with USB cables for me to connect to the computer. With that USB connection, I can transfer files from camera to my computer and tether shoot with the Digital Photo Professional (software that comes with the camera) as well as Lightroom.

I think the 7DmkII should come with the USB cable as well for user to transfer image and tether shoot withe DPP.

Edit:

He's not asking about that.

Edit:

That is correct, I am asking about connecting a tablet which has a different connection.

Thanks for that but they all seem to be to PC

Not sure about the software side, but I believe you are looking for an OTG USB 3.0 female to micro USB male..

There's cables probably on aliexpress, chinabuye and similar sites for next to zero money, but software is what's the issue IMO, yep.

Edit:

That is correct, I am asking about connecting a tablet which has a different connection.

For tablet (Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1) for my 7D, I bought a adapter for my tablet which convert the charging /communication port into a regular USB port. From that, I can use the cable that shipped with my camera and have the camera connect to my tablet directly. And I bought an app called "DSLR controller" from Android app store which I can have my camera tether shoot with the tablet.

Not sure about your tablet, so I think you can check if a similar adapter also available for your tablet.

Edit:

For tablet (Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1) for my 7D, I bought a adapter for my tablet which convert the charging /communication port into a regular USB port. From that, I can use the cable that shipped with my camera and have the camera connect to my tablet directly. And I bought an app called "DSLR controller" from Android app store which I can have my camera tether shoot with the tablet.

Not sure about your tablet, so I think you can check if a similar adapter also available for your tablet.
That whole process sounds a lot like this...............

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Not sure about the software side, but I believe you are looking for an OTG USB 3.0 female to micro USB male..
Thanks that I was asking.
I don't think it is right though, if this is what you mean.
USB 3 0 Female TO Micro B Male 5pin Female Host OTG Adapter Cable 20cm | eBay

The right hand is correct but the left should look like this
1 Meter High Speed USB 3.1 Type C Male to Micro B USB 3.0 Male Data Sync Cable
I was just thinking about an adapter that plugs into your existing cable like this one...
eBay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks although ideally I would want one cable (less things to go wrong)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back